Subscribe to the Minnesota Cold YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/nziegler
Minnesota, it’s so cold that… if you don’t have a sled, you can make one out of frozen Orbeez. Watch and subscribe all of the Minnesota Cold Weather Experiments: www.youtube.com/nziegler .
- Two large storage containers that will hold about 8 gallons each
- One cup of dry Orbeez
- Two sleds
- LED Christmas lights with battery back
- Hill to sled down
- Cold weather
- Measure out 1/2 cup of Orbeez for each container. Add about 7-8 gallons of water to each container.
- Let the Orbeez sit overnight to soak up the water.
- Use the strainer to scoop the Orbeez into the bottom sled.
- Put the second sled on top of the first. Use the bricks to weight down the top sled.
- Wait for the Orbeez to freeze (this will take much longer than you expect).
- Bring the sled with the frozen Orbeez to a hill. Tip it over and pop out the frozen Orbeez sled.
- Sled down the hill.
- Repeat if it doesn’t break into pieces.
- Use plenty of LED lights so that if the Orbeez sled breaks, it will still be held together.
- Make sure that the temperature is very cold so it freezes more quickly.