After another loss this season without Torii Hunter, I thought it might be interesting to look at some Minnesota Twins stats with and without Torii Hunter over the past 15 seasons (plus a few games from this season).
|Without Torii Hunter||With Torii Hunter|
Note: Wins/Losses include all Twins games (not just the ones he started or played in) during the seasons Torii was either on or off the Twins’ roster. The 2016 record is through April 30, 2016.
These are the totals over the past 15 seasons plus the start of the 2016 season.
Some quick stats to point out:
- Games without Torii = 1160. Games with Torii = 1295
- Even though the Twins played 135 more games during that span with Torri, they have lost fewer times (593 vs. 619 losses).
- Wins without Torii = 541. Wins with Torii = 702
- Loses without Torii = 619. Loses with Torii = 593
- Winning percentage without Torii = 46.6%. Winning percentage without Torii = 54.2%.
The average place in the Central division without Torii was 3.5. The average with him was 1.75.
I think I’m seeing a pattern. We’re in for a long season… Torii, please come back!!!!