Subscribe to the Minnesota Cold YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/nziegler
Minnesota – It’s so cold that… you can build an igloo and stand on it by just shoveling a bunch of snow into a pile and hollowing it out. Watch and subscribe all of the Minnesota Cold Weather Experiments: www.youtube.com/nziegler .
- A lot of snow
- Shovel together a large mound of snow. Let it harden for a few hours after making it.
- Use the shovel to hollow it out inside, creating an entrance and then taking most of the snow out from inside of the mound. Leave it to freeze for a little while longer.
- Once it is frozen solid, go and stand on the igloo! It shouldn’t break.
- It needs to be quite cold for this to work. Negative temps are ideal.
- Try to jump on it and break it when you are done.
For additional fun, wire a TV to your Quinzhee and enjoy some hot chocolate outside while watching the Olympics: