Subscribe to the Minnesota Cold YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/nziegler
Minnesota – It’s so cold that… you can make maple syrup candy in the snow. Watch and subscribe all of the Minnesota Cold Weather Experiments: www.youtube.com/nziegler
- Tall Pan
- 100% Pure Maple Syrup
- Candy Thermometer
- Pour a cup or two of 100% pure maple syrup into a tall pan.
- Turn the heat to medium-low.
- Slowly simmer the syrup until is reaches 235 degrees F (113 C) . This takes about 25 minutes. See the video for how the bubbles change as it nears that temperature.
- Bring the pan outside and pour into the snow in long strips.
- Lift from the snow and enjoy!
- Don’t use a short pan. Don’t set the stove to high. (See the video for what happens if you make this mistake.)
- Make sure the snow is clean.
- Use 100% maple syrup for best results.